Neul is leading the next wave of wireless growth and innovation in white space spectrum availability. Our technology combines state of the art wireless, silicon and software design, carefully optimised for the challenges presented by white space. It provides the performance needed to open up new markets for wireless data. Some of the key innovations in Neul's system include:
- Base stations with a similar power output to a mobile phone can deliver 10km range and a data rate of up to 16Mbps. The excellent propagation characteristics of TV band white space signals, together with an array of modulation schemes for different channel conditions, enable long range and deep in building penetration.
- The ability to thrive in "Grey Spaces". Signals from distant TV transmitters can be an unwanted source of interference. As a result, not all white spaces are white i.e. empty. Neul's technology includes a number of powerful techniques to eliminate this interference, allowing it to operate reliably in challenging RF environments that standard radio systems struggle to operate in successfully.
- Systems built to be ready for 50bn M2M connections. Our innovative MAC and PHY design allows each Neul basestation to support up to 1 million M2M connections simultaneously.
- A $1 chipset cost for terminal devices, enabled by a design that limits terminal silicon complexity to a level similar to that for Bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices.
- A battery life of 15 years for low bandwidth M2M applications such as smart meters
No other system comes close to meeting all of these requirements because no other company has such a profound understanding of white space. Neul's technology is the clear choice for 'the internet of everything'.